Domo is one of the most powerful platforms available for transforming massive amounts of data into tangible business solutions. To achieve this, you can pull data into Domo from many different sources, and visualize it in such a way that you can quickly answer your key business questions.
When it comes to making sense of your data, it’s not always in the cleanest, most digestible format to begin with, and perhaps you want to consolidate data from different systems into one dataset for visualization. Fortunately, Domo provides several solutions for Business and Technical Users to accomplish this—Magic ETL, Data Fusion, and SQL Data Flows.
Let’s explore these robust tools in greater depth, so you can begin leveraging the full power of Domo, and start seeing real results.
(1) Magic ETL
- Business users who understand the context of the problems they are trying to solve, but may not have the SQL or coding skills to transform their data.
- Technical users who want a quick and easy way to transform their data without writing any code
- Magic ETL provides the balance between simplicity and flexibility that makes it a breeze for the user to manipulate their data.
- The click and drag interface allows the user to format their data in a state that is ideal for creating visualizations.
- Some of the more complex transformations may be better suited for another transformation method.
(2) Data Fusion
- Business Users and Technical Users who want to quickly combine datasets that don’t require any transformations or cleansing.
- The visual interface provides a quick and intuitive way to combine your data without writing any code.
- Fusions also provide an efficient means of processing large datasets in seconds.
- For data that requires any transformation, such as calculated fields or cleansing, you may want to consider using a different, more applicable method, like Magic ETL.
(3) SQL Data Flows
- Business users who can understand and write SQL transformations
- Technical users who are comfortable with SQL
- SQL Data Flows provide the full flexibility and functionality of the SQL language.
- They also give users two choices—MySQL and Redshift—that can handle all sizes and forms of data.
- As you may suspect, SQL Data Flows requires knowledge of SQL coding to successfully perform any transformations.
The multitude of options available within the Domo platform including the tremendous power of data flows allows users of all different skill sets within your business to gain valuable and virtually limitless insights from your data.
Need help getting started with Domo, and giving your business a boost? Our team of experienced consultants is here to help!